Saturday, November 15, 2008

So Much to Do...

but so little time?

Are you doing what you always dreamed of doing with your life? Are you working at a job you love? Do you have the family you always wanted, good relationships with your family, friends, acquaintances?

Do you have time left at the end of each day to reflect on a day well spent, or do you only think of the things you've left unfinished...the piles of laundry yet to be put away, dirty dishes in the sink, piles of work you brought home from the office but didn't finish?

Did you spend your day rushing around, from soccer practice to the grocery store to the dry cleaners, only to remember something left undone, something really, really important?


I think I've finally hit a wall. I'm going to spend the next few weeks or months - however long it takes - working to change the things I no longer like about my life. I don't like it that my house is a mess and only half (if even that) renovated. I don't like it that my business - a children's consignment store - is not yet making serious profits. I want to feel better, eat healthier, pay my bills on time and still have a little leftover each month to save. I want to get out of debt, the debt I acquired opening the store.

That's a lot to take on, I know. Baby steps - a few steps each day - will get me where I want to go. I believe in the snowball effect. Make a few positive changes in your life and more will come on their own.

Let's see if I'm right! Today is the day I start - November 15, 2008.

Welcome to my blog.

No comments: